- Enrollment: approximately 500 full time students, preschool through 8th grade
- SRCS Preschool is a Gold Seal Quality Care program
- Regular school day: 8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Half-day preschool day: 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Afternoon enrichment available for half-day preschoolers 12:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Before and after school programs 7:30 a.m. - 8:15 a.m.; 3:15 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. (all age groups)
- School uniforms required through Dennis Uniforms
- Hot lunch available
- Annual testing of students in grades K-8 with the Stanford Achievement Test
A school is more than just classrooms. Our campus reflects our goal to provide our students with top-notch academic, athletic, and fine arts facilities, while integrating innovative technology to enhance the learning experience.
- Large, bright classrooms
- Elementary computer lab
- Middle school computer lab
- iMac robotics lab
- Multiple mobile computer labs with Chromebooks and iPads
- Intelligent Classroom system (interactive projector, speakers, DVD player, document camera, iPad) in every classroom
- iPad centers in preschool and Kindergarten classrooms
- Chromebook centers in 1st through 3rd Grade
- Full media center (library) with computers, Chromebooks, and iPads
- Specially designed middle school science lab
- Art room
- Music and band room
- Full gymnasium with locker room facilities
- Athletic field
- Cheerleading practice area
- Elementary and preschool playgrounds
Our academic programs are challenging and engaging.
Our curriculum fuses a rigorous, well-rounded education with cutting-edge technology and innovation in the classroom. Students at SRCS learn a wide range of traditional school subjects that stimulate the growth of valuable creative and critical thinking skills. Technology underscores and enhances our curriculum, enabling our students to leverage new tools and methodologies in solving both current and future problems. We are committed to the high academic standards we set for our students... we believe it encourages them to achieve.
High Test Scores
Our academic rigor is demonstrated in our students’ high scores on national standardized tests. On average, SRCS students score two or more grade equivalents higher than current grade level, with our 8th grade class averaging post high school. In recent years, over 50% of our 7th grade students have met the initial qualifications to participate in the Duke Talent Identification Program, through which they take SAT or ACT college entrance exams as 7th graders. Since SRCS began participating in Duke TIP in 1998, we have had state honorees every year, and five of our students have received Grand (National) Recognition for their outstanding test scores.
High School Credit Opportunities
In preparing our middle school students for their high school experience after SRCS, we offer the following high school credit courses: Algebra I Honors, Geometry Honors, Spanish I.
SRCS is accredited by Christian Schools of Florida (CSF), Middle States Association Commissions on Elementary and Secondary Schools (MSA-CESS) and National Council for Private School Accreditation (NCPSA).
Spiritual formation is foundational to the SRCS experience.
While we believe that faith is more than scheduled activities, we also believe that our students need to understand the significance and importance of traditional spiritual practices. That is why we set aside time in our busy week to attend Chapel and spend time in prayer and worship. As a ministry of Spanish River Church, our ability to do this is greatly enhanced by our close connection to such a dynamic community of faith.