Spanish River Christian School’s admissions process is integral to fulfilling our mission to educate the whole child spiritually, socially, and academically under the Lordship of Jesus Christ. We strive to prepare students to live a Christian life in a contemporary society as they grow to become strong 21st century global citizens who love the world and desire to see it renewed. To that end we engage in a selection process with the goal of identifying those students who are capable and motivated. Available space does not guarantee placement. SRCS does not have special programs to accommodate students with learning disabilities. In addition, in order to receive consideration, applicants must have:
- A "B" average or the equivalent for the current academic year (report card/progress report)
- Successful academic progress in previous school years (report cards)
- Favorable attendance records
- No "N" in any work/study habit or conduct grades
If the above conditions have been met, further admission criteria will apply.
Admission Criteria for all new students
- Active members of Spanish River Church have priority over non-members.
- Children with siblings in upper grades at SRCS will be given preference, provided the younger sibling is academically mature and ready for our program.
- Preference will be given to families who support and meet all SRCS financial obligations in a timely manner.
- Length of enrollment at SRCS. Students currently given an additional growth year in the five-day preschool program for four-year-olds will be given preference for kindergarten.
- All families currently in the school will be given consideration before any spaces are opened to the general public.
- Enrollment in preschool does not secure a continued spot in the preschool and/or kindergarten.
Registration Procedures for all new students
- Complete and return the Application for Admission form, together with your non-refundable registration fee.
- Admission testing will be required subsequent to registration.
- Submit the following:
- Teacher Recommendation Form - Sign the release waiver and submit to your child's current school. The recommending school returns the completed form to SRCS directly by mail, fax, or email. Forms cannot be accepted from parents.
- Pastor's Confidential Information Form - Complete the family section and ask your Pastor to complete and return directly to SRCS by mail, fax, or email.
- Report Cards - Provide the current year and previous year's report cards. SRCS must see original forms; copies of originals will be made while you wait. SRCS is not responsible for original forms left in their possession.
- Standardized Testing - Provide the most recent standardized test results as soon as possible. SRCS must see original forms and will make copies of the originals while you wait. SRCS is not responsible for original forms left in their possession. If standardized testing information is not available, parents must submit an explanation.
- Middle School only - Complete the Student Questionnaire and submit to SRCS with the application.
- The Admissions Department will process only those applications that are complete. A completed application includes the preceding items (#1-3, above).
- Final applicants and their parents will meet with the principal or admissions committee for an interview.
- All applicants will be notified of their enrollment status by mail. We appreciate your interest in SRCS and pledge to handle your application in a fair and timely manner. SRCS admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin.
We also encourage you to visit the What We Believe page of this website.